St. Anthony for Differently Abled Kids (SADAK) exists to serve and raise public awareness of the challenges that face the handicapped kids in Egypt on a daily basis. Our goal is to provide these kids with the resources they need such as health care, special ed and other social assistance in order to meet their basic human needs
Raise awareness in the Coptic and the non-Coptic communities about St. Anthony for Differently Abled Kids in Egypt. Serve as many handicapped kids and their families as we can through providing them with the necessary medical, social, educational and emotional assistance.
Service began in 1998 in a small corner in a church in Cairo and then moved to a small room in a health center. Due to increased number of the served kids, we had to have a legal entity and that is when St Anthony for Differently Abled Kids was legally born in 2001 . After that we had to hire more employees and move to a 7 story building which currently serve over 1400 handicapped kids/month and their families.
– The first 2 stories serve as an out patient and education center.
– The 3rd Level is an inpatient department that serves 16 GIRLS who are handicapped and don’t have anybody to care for them.
– The 4th level is a kitchen and a big dinning room.
– The 5th level is the Orthotic lab.
– The 6th level is a conference/ activities space
– The 7th level is a church
In 2012 after increasing the number of children and to serve them better we opened a new branch at an area called Gesr El Swais In 2013 and with the grace of god we opened the Radiology department which offers X-Ray, EEG and ECG to the needy children.